Society of Nuclear Medicine, Bangladesh was formed in the year 1993 but started actively in 1994. Now there are about 125 active members comprising doctors and other nuclear medicine.
1. To establish an organization for physicians and scientists to perform and coordinate the work of common interest in the field of nuclear medicine. The common interest in the field of nuclear medicine is concern with diagnostic, therapeutic and investigational use of radio nuclides & nuclear technique.
2. The organization would work as a platform for the physicians & scientist in the nuclear medicine to have meeting for better communications and discussions regarding the knowledge of nuclear phenomena applied to the control of disease.
3. To disseminate information concerning nuclear medicine among the nuclear medicine personnel by sponsoring publications.
4. The organization as such would intern work for the betterment and to the service of mankind providing highest possible standard of education, research and practice of nuclear medicine.
5. To uphold the interest of the society members in their working field which is not on contradiction to their service to humanity.